Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Alice Fischer. I am 19 years old and I come from Leivi, a little town in the north of Italy. I have just graduated from secondary school, a language school in Rapallo called Da Vigo. Before continuing my studies, I have decided to live abroad for one year. I will devote this time to a very special project. 

After much research, it was the German association, ASC Goettingen Wealtwarts, which caught my attention. This ASBL sends 80 young volunteers in Africa ( Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania) every year. 

The project in which I am going to participate is located in Namibia and it gives African children the opportunity to practice sport at school.

I will work as a sport instructor in a primary school in the little town of Rehoboth, which is about 84 km away from the capital, Windhoek. Near Rehoboth, there is a lake called Oanob-Damm which is seven km long. This is where the Namibian Canoe Polo & Rowing Federation is situated and where I will be volunteering.

I will start by giving the children swimming lessons so they will be able to swim before going out in kayaks. I will also be teaching them canoe Polo, which is a very enjoyable team sport. Two teams with five players each, with each player in a separate kayak, play against each other in a rectangular water pitch. The team which makes the most goals wins.

Every volunteer’s project is 75% financed by the German government. We are looking for sponsors to finance the remaining 25% of costs (2,300 euros). Our goal is to create a sustainable activity for the children. 

I would also like to establish a sailing school on the lake by buying two little sailing boats (lasers), which would enable the children to learn a new sport, a very simple and easy activity they can practice in their home towns. 

Twenty-one volunteers have been chosen for Namibia. We are leaving all together on the 27th of August and traveling from Frankfurt to Windhoek.

If you would like to support our project, you can send a donation, with the amount of your choice, to the bank account of the organisation ASC Goettingen before our departure date. 

Please use the information that you find in the menu for your donation.

Thank you in advance for your support and for your attention. I hope you have a wonderful 2019, making your dreams come true. 

I plan on keeping my supporters posted on the progress I am making in Africa, so look for news from me soon.

Thank you again and my best regards

Alice